What is SIP Trunk?
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) trunking is the use of voice over IP (VoIP) to facilitate the connection of a private branch exchange (PBX) to the Internet. In another word, it allows the Internet to handle your communication also.
Who can benefit on SIP Trunk?
- Any company that is keen on expansion and growth
- All Sales / Service / Support Companies
- International companies or companies that deal with other countries
- Company with multiple branches
What’s the benefit of SIP trunk?
- Eliminate of overlapping networks and telephone network cost.
- Reduce and even eliminate hardware purchase, installation, and maintenance cost
- Minimize expansion cost.
- Reduce high subscription charges (save about 92% subscription cost on ISDN line) without reducing the quality.
Do I need to upgrade my whole phone system to subscribe to this?
You have an option to upgrade your system now or later. This SIP line/ SIP Trunk can be deployed with any SIP compliant IP PBX or with any legacy PBX using analog/PRI gateways. You can use your existing system and add a device to enjoy this SIP line. You will reduce the cost on PSTN hunting lines to more flexible and cost-effective ISDN-like service.
How much are the charges?
Monthly: (charged quarterly)
1 line / month = $8 = $24 / Quarter
DDI block / month = $2 (for block of 1 number) or $10 (for block of 10) or = from $6 / Quarter
TOTAL = from $10 / month = from $30 / Quarter
One time fee:
Applicable to customer who want to convert current number to SIP
Port your existing phone number to SIP Trunk = $49 / number
Activation Fee = $10 / line
Caller ID = FOC*
Call Forwarding = FOC*
Hunting Line = FOC*
TOTAL (One time fee) = From $59 (for Line conversion) or $10 (for new number)
*FOC = Free of Charge
Related Topic: IP PBX